Here are the steps to set up your fundraising page on MyDonate, using next year's International Women's Day GrappleThon as an example (click on the picture for a larger image):
1. Sign up to MyDonate
2. Click on 'Start Fundraising' at the top. Alternatively go to 'my account', then click on 'Create fundraising page' in the left hand menu.
3. Select 'Create my challenge'
4. Type 'Equality Now' in the 'search for a charity' box
5. Select 'Equality Now' from the list that pops up, then click through.
6. Select 'Other' from the list of fundraising challenges, then put in something like 'grappling' or 'GrappleThon'
7. If you want to add the address, select 'Yes' on whether or not the challenge is taking place at a specific location (handily, this creates a map on your fundraising page), then enter:
8. The next part is important, as this determines how long your page stays open. Put in the date as starting 07-03-2015 from 14:00 through to 08-03-2015 at 14:00.
9. You can pick however long you want for keeping the page running after the event finishes, ranging from 3 months to 12 months.
10. Pick whatever url you want for the fundraising page, then be sure to link your page to the 2015 International Women's Day GrappleThon team: the reference number is 466067301. When you click 'Validate', the name of the team and owner will appear in green.
11. Select 'No' for the two tick boxes under Gift Aid.
12. In the fundraising story, you can write whatever you think will best inspire people to donate to your page. If you're looking for an example, this is what I put. Note that the 'page title' has to be less than 50 characters.
13. Next, pick an image if you like (there's also the option to link to your Flickr and/or a YouTube video).
14. After that, you can set a target if you want, then you're ready to (finally!) move on to the next page and finish. :)